Friday, August 16, 2013

A Long Week of Preparing...

It is finally Friday and boy am I tired! This last week my school district had a long week of in-service and working in our classroom. For the most part I had my classroom set up and ready to go a few weeks ago, except for a few things I'm working on. In the midst of "trying" to get my final schedule set, I decided I needed a break. I had just picked up these Squigz a few weeks ago at a teacher sale in Cedar Falls, Iowa. These "little fun suckers" are just that! I was building stuff to hang from the desk, whiteboard, windows, etc. Who would have thought that suction cups could be just as fun as legos? My intention of buying these were for my student with autism. I thought it would be a good cool down activity and some how incorporate learning colors. 

Another thing I finished in the classroom this week is finishing all my labels for my organization nightmare! I downloaded the label from TPT for only $4.00! It was totally worth it since it came with already done labels and then one page of editable ones. I have these little circles everywhere in my room (book bins, supply containers, manipulatives)! Another little tip that I found amazing is that if you use circle velcro adhesive dots to attach it to your bins you can reuse the labels on different containers if need be.


My mom has been sending me tons of "teacher" shirts that last few months, but this last one she sent made me laugh so hard and give me a little more "umph" on my last week of preparing for the new year. 

Well, Monday brings on the new school year. 
Ready or not here I come!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment