Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kiss Your Brain

When working with students of special needs, I found that every chance you get you should give them positive reinforcement. This may range from verbal praise to candy to a sticker to a classroom reward. Most of the time verbal praise will do the trick but every once in a while I like to praise with candy. I mean really...who doesn't like candy?!?!?! This is when I found the "Kiss Your Brain" candy bucket on Pinterest. I love the idea of this and that it is filled with Hershey Chocolate Kisses! All summer I have been contemplating what kind of container to use for this project. I thought about buying a container in the kitchen items at Walmart, an empty ice cream bucket, or just a candy dish. Yet for some reason in the middle of the night I woke up to realize why couldn't I use a Tide packet clear plastic container. The next morning I ran to my local Dollar General (because that is all we have in the middle of nowhere) to purchase my clear Tide packet container. Then the "Kiss Your Brain" container was born!


I plan to use this positive reinforcement after my students work hard after finishing a homework assignment or a progress monitoring probe for me. I want them to do their best, so if it takes a little "kiss" to get the job done. So Be It!!!

1 comment: