Sunday, July 21, 2013

Parent Communication

Today was a long fight with technology in the school building. I received access to all of my IEPs at the end of last week and I was itching to get them all printed to start going through them. Well 1 1/2 hours later... I finally had them all printed! I spent most of my afternoon going through them at home will making my IEP at a Glance sheets for myself and the students' classroom teacher. From what I've heard from a few teachers they've never received their special education student's IEPs to look through. I believe that this is extremely important for both of the general education teacher and special education teacher to work together, but in order to do this each teacher needs the same information. This is the reason why I have put together my IEP at a Glance sheet. I will post this at another time! 

Along with going through my IEPs, I also set up my parent communication binder. Communicating with my students' parents is extremely important, therefore I need a place to document when and what was discussed to refer to at a later date if need be. I found this freebie at TPT. I love the fun creative covers along with the organized and clean-cut forms.
I like to have this sheet, so that I can fill to the student's tab and find out their address, parents' names, and phone numbers.

Each student has four of these sheets to document any conversations had with their parents/guardians.

Already found a spot in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment