Friday, July 19, 2013

I See Floor!

Today I spent about 5 hours in the classroom and little to say the least I can finally see some of the floor! I had several teachers, including the janitor, stop me in the hallway or come down to the classroom to say I have done a great job of cleaning out the classroom. The only thing I have left to clean out is the lower cabinets. Thank goodness! I'm hoping I can have all of the garbage and floor picked up by the end of this week. 

If you didn't know I absolutely love Pinterest! I have used a lot of things from Pinterest in my classroom. One of the ideas for my classroom is the crate shelving unit. This is made up of plastic crates that I bought at Walmart and then zip tying them all together. The trick to this project is to put the crates together by stacking the crates on top of each other. Then put the columns together one by one. Check it out!



I cannot believe how sturdy this shelving is! Who would have thought that plastic crates would be so durable!

I also stole this little idea from a pin. I absolutely hate the noise of a pencil sharpener so this is perfect for my classroom. No sharpening during the school day! I found the cute little metal tins in the dollar bin at Target and just printed and laminated the find off of Pinterest and PERFECTO!



Another positive for the day is that I picked up my school computer and iPad today! Although the computer is a Mac (which I am not too familiar with!) I absolutely love it so far! On top of this, I received access to all the IEPs for the school yesterday! I have been patiently waiting on this for a very long time. Now I just need to find out which students will be mine.

I am spending my night cutting one of seven rolls of lamination I completed today while watching Law & Order...my favorite! Tomorrow is another fun-filled day in the classroom!

1 comment: